PTA Committees – 11 Ways to Be Involved in School Life
Join Us: Committed Leadership & Diverse Support for Your Child and School Life
Volunteering on a committee gets you involved and supports your child’s success. Email us with your committee choice to serve or for more information.
HEALTH & WELFARE : Contact Us Now!
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Educate/train students in proper sanitation practices.
- Assist with breakfast/lunch.
- Assist with books/uniforms.
- Provide medical assistance (either free or at lower costs, that is, through parents/ old girls, friends in medical fields.
- Networking of parents.
- Plan seminars and providing counselling.
SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT: Contact Us Now!
- Find ways to enhance the Spiritual Life of the girls.
- Take and attend devotions at least once per month/term.
- Work with Guidance Department.
- Offer support to Teachers and students in times of loss and grief.
- Work closely with the Inter Schools Christian Fellowship.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Contact Us Now!
- Motivate, improve and expand the school’s learning community through technology.
- Integrate technology into the school, based on the school’s educational vision.
- Improve student learning.
- Support the school’s initiatives in the use of technology.
- Provide professional development and support for staff.
- Assist in periodic reviews and updating of the school’s technology plan.
EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION: Contact Us Now!
- Liaise with Administration and the Learning Enhancement Centre to identify strategies at fostering excellence within the school community.
- Represent the PTA on the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board and assist the Committee in carrying out some of its functions.
- Continually promote programmes and activities with the view to achieve excellence from Teachers and Students.
STAFF WELFARE: Contact Us Now!
- Improve the working conditions of all staff.
- Foster good relationships with and among staff members.
- Assist with the creation of incentives for staff.
FUNDRAISING: Contact Us Now!
- Work closely with other committees.
- Spearhead Fundraising Activities.
- Inform Treasurer of plans.
GRADE REPRESENTATIVES COMMITTEE: Contact Us Now!
- Liaise with the girls in each grade, the Grade Coordinator & the PTA.
- Meet and have prayers with the respective grade levels monthly or at least once per term.
- Plan activities or interactions based on the needs of the Grade.
- Responsible for ticket distribution and collection of monies for events.
- Monitor Grade-related projects and attend PTA Meetings.
TECHNICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL: Contact Us Now!
- Provide technical support to the school’s administration.
- Identify projects at the start of the school year based on principal’s suggestion.
- Present budget at Executive Meetings to ensure that funding is available to carry out projects.
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure proper maintenance of the school environment.
- Source material and labour for projects.
- Report on activities at committee meetings.
PUBLIC RELATIONS: Contact Us Now!
- Create awareness among parents of the PTA’s goals & programmes.
- Foster a sense of community and co-operation among parent body.
- Provide publicity of the activities of the PTA /School.
- Encourage participation of as many parents as possible in the activities of the PTA.
SPORTS DEVELOPMENT: Contact Us Now!
- Work closely with the Physical Education Department to raise funds for gear and uniforms.
- Identify companies to be contacted for donations.
- Send “Thank You” letters & news of sponsored events to the sponsors.
- Inform the Executive Body of the events and results.
PARENT WELFARE: Contact Us Now!
- Empower, strengthen and assist the parent body in becoming better and more dynamic individuals.
- Plan and execute seminars to inform parents and increase their awareness.
- Plan and execute socials to provide fellowship and peer support