Men, Ladies and Juniors will tee-off for the 2nd annual St Andrew Legacy Golf Tournament on Saturday, October 31 at Constant Spring Golf Club in celebration this year, of the 90th Anniversary of the founding of St Andrew High School (SAHS) and to benefit the SAHS Foundation’s Development Fund.
The Stableford full handicap tournament is a Jamaica Golf Association (JGA) sanctioned charity event. Available tee-off times on Saturday, October 31 are between 6:30am-1:30pm under the direction of Tournament Director David Mais.
Golfers will compete for trophies and prizes for the overall tournament winner, Ladies and Juniors for 1st-3rd prizes and Men for 1st-5th on the Constant Spring Golf course, built in 1902 and one of the oldest golf courses in Jamaica. The adult entry fee is $4,000 and $2,000 for juniors.
Golfers who get closest to the pin on the five Par-3 holes in the tournament will also win from an impressive lineup of prizes all donated by supporting companies – weekend resort stays at Couples, Breezes Bahamas, Jewels, Chillin and Silver Palms and trophies and other prizes such as liquor and electronics, all donated by companies in support of the fundraising effort of the St Andrew High School Foundation.
Golfers, sponsors and friends are invited to an open pre-tournament warmup – the ‘Gustazos Fun Mixer & 19th Hole Skills Challenge’ on Friday evening, October 30 from 6-9pm at the Club. A big hit last year, this event offers novices and amateurs for a mere $500 a chance to putt for on-the-spot prizes from Wray & Nephew and Gustazos, the online discount shop, all of which ensures an evening of fun.
Leading sponsors of St Andrew Legacy Golf include – Tourism Enhancement Fund (FEF), Sterling Asset Management, Allied Investment, KPMG, Caribbean Teas, Burger King, AIM Educational Services, Wisynco Jamaica Teas and Gustazos.
All proceeds from the tournament support the ongoing work of the St Andrew High School Foundation to improve the School’s facilities and maintain the legacy of academic excellence. St Andrew was founded in 1925 and the Foundation just recently in 2005.